Saturday, March 26, 2011

Love Blossoms on a New Year

As the serene winds of time
Pound on the doors of everlasting change
The future emerges from its veils
And the past seems to get strange.

What was once a seed, long forgotten
Stands now as a Rose, in all its glory
And for all those who care to listen
It whispers out its lovely story.

As the seasons came and seasons went by
Beneath the murky Earth it lay
Coaxed by the Sun and wind it moved
It moved every night and day.

Till one day, at the break of dawn
As the sun shed its Golden light
Free from all its binds, it rose
It rose to stand up upright.

Nature came to a standstill
As it looked on in scorn
The marvel of natures' beauty
Yes, a rose had been born.

The world looked on and admired
It laughed and it seemed to say
"My beauty is beyond compare
There's none to beat it; try what you may"

But like moments of all dreams
These moments too were few.
The rose met its match at last
The day it was met by you.

Well I met the rose and it told me
To tell the story; so that's what I do
In the meantime a very happy new year
From the rose and me to you.

NOTE: Written sometime in 2001/2002

1 comment:

Kandarp said...

Fantastic Sam ! Good to see your poetry again !

Btw, I think I know/guess the context ;)