Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Vision of my Dreams

One dark and lonely night, a beautiful dream I had
A very beautiful dream but the ending was sad.
I saw myself on a lonely beach with a dear friend I know
The water was emerald blue and the sky was aglow.

I watched with joy as she talked, laughed and sang
Every step she took, in my heart a bell rang.
My heart sand praises to God and I looked on in awe
I prayed with all my might so that this moment would never go.

But fate has its own plans, it makes its own way
I held her hands and looked in her eyes, yet she drifted away.
I woke up cold with tears in my eyes
But I consoled myself saying dreams are lies.

I do not know whether my dream
Will turn out to be false or true
But more than what I wish
The ending depends on you!

NOTE: Written in 2001 on request by a friend for his prospective girlfriend. :-D

No comments: